Tuesday 3 November 2015

My Face's Fav's



Hello Ladies,

I'm delighted to be back blogging again after such a long break away. For my first few posts on my new blog I've decided to do a series of  posts of my 'go to' daily products. I thought it would be a good idea to do as I thought it would give a good insight into the sort of products I enjoy. I have quite the love affair with makeup and I'm always trying new brands and products. I use products to suit a range of budgets and I love few things more than a good bargain or a good quality dupe. As a makeup artist I aim to use products of high quality but I also like to find products that I can recommend to my clients without breaking the bank. I'm going to start this series of posts with;

The Face




I find that using a primer is an absolute must and I recommend that everyone use one. There are primers available to suit every skin type. Primer is applied before foundation and helps to increase longevity of the makeup as well as ensuring a more even application. Different primers help with a range of different things including minimizing pores and fine lines to helping with colour correction and dullness. The primer that I myself prefer to use is the Garnier Skin Naturals 5 Second Blur. Its a very forgiving primer that hides a multitude including fine lines and it really helps keep my makeup in place for the day. 

The foundation that I use on a daily basis is Teint Ideal Illuminating Fluid Foundation from Vichy. Launched earlier this year, I couldn't resist trying it and have since finished a bottle and repurchased it again. I really really love this foundation so much. Its light to medium coverage but can easily be built up to achieve a fuller coverage if desired. It gives a beautiful, radiant, natural finish and just melts into the skin. It's highly pigmented so it helps to conceal any blemishes or uneven skin tone. I've used this foundation on a few clients and all of them have loved it.

For cream contouring, I'm currently loving Rimmel Match Perfection 2-in-1 concealer and highlighter for highlighting my face and concealing under eye circles. It's super easy to use with its built in applicator brush and it really brightens my complexion. For shading I've been using W7 Catwalk Face Shaper. I really like the cream shader in this palette but to be honest I'm not too much of a fan of the highlighter. As you can see from the picture I really have given the highlighter a chance but for me its a bit too shimmery and I find that it tends to lift my foundation off as I'm applying it. Despite that the shader is fantastic and blends really easily. A little goes a long way and gives lovely results.

For any really heavy duty concealing I have to do I always go straight to my Dermacolor Camouflage Make-up Palette from Kryolan. This will literally cover anything from acne scarring to tattoos. I've even used this for contouring and it does a wonderful job. The variety of shades in this palette makes it suitable for many uses.

I came across W7 Banana Dreams Loose Powder about a month ago and I have been really impressed by it. It's a dupe of the Ben Nye Banana Powder which I have never actually tried, so I can't really give a comparison between the two but I am very satisfied with the W7 offering! I have been using to set my cream highlight but it can also be used as an all over setting powder. It's very fine milled and doesn't look at all cakey. The slight yellow tone which can look a bit intimidating in the tub doesn't at all show when applied. The powder gives a lovely flawless finish and sets my highlight in place perfectly. 

For setting my cream contour I like to use the bronzer from the Urban Decay Naked Flushed Palette. It's not too dark for my Irish skin tone and it blends so effortlessly. It's got a slight shimmer to it which I like but it's not glittery. It's lovely in the summer too for an all over radiant bronzed look. The highlight in this palette is my favourite part (as I'm sure you can tell by the pictures). It's a gorgeous pale pink, champagne-y shade and the finish it leaves is gorgeous. Its shimmery without being too glittery and its jet milled so the fine powder blends seamlessly. It looks so nice on the skin and it photographs really well too. 

As we've come into Autumn I've been using Lush Cosmetics Blush in the shade Elated. It's a superfine loose powder blush in a dusky pink shade. I think this shade is perfect for Autumn as it gives a natural rosy glow to the cheeks. It's got a hint of shimmer to give a radiant glow without looking unnatural. It's incredibly pigmented so a light hand is needed when applying. 

To finish off my face I give it a light dusting with Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in Transparent. I've been using this powder since I was about 14 and I've never really felt the need to stray. As they say, if it's not broke don't fix it. This powder sets my face in place and keeps me matt all day long! 

Well ladies, that's it for my first post. I really hope that you enjoyed reading it and  I'd love some feed back. I'm sooo excited to have my first post up on my new blog!! The next up and coming post will be on my 'go-to' daily eye makeup.

Zara
x








No comments:

Post a Comment